Sugar Free Cheesecake
- grapeseed oil cooking spray
- eggs, separated
- egg whites
- 1/2 c
- splenda, granulated plus 2 tbsp
- 1 tsp
- fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch
- 3 c
- cream cheese, light
- 1/2 tsp
- fresh lemon peel, grated (optional)
- 1/3 c
- sour cream
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
How to Make Sugar Free Cheesecake
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with baking paper or grease with butter. Spray just a bit with grapeseed oil cooking spray. Separate eggs, and beat egg whites with salt until stiff.
- 2Beat together Splenda for Baking and the egg yolks until thick. Add lemon juice. Next, with the mixer on a low-medium setting, beat in the cream cheese,a little at a time,until incorporated and fluffy. Add a small amount of the egg whites,plus grated lemon peel if
desired, and mix in gently.
- 3Next,gently fold the cream cheese mixture into the remaining egg whites. Pour mixture into pan. Give a little shake to make it level.
Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees F. Reduce temperature to 300 degrees F and bake for another 40 minutes.
- 4When the top of the cake is set, turn off the oven and keep the oven door closed. Allow to cool for another hour in the oven. Remove and continue to cool on a wire rack. Top with fresh fruit.