- boxed white cake mix
- box strawberry jello
- 1 Tbsp
- self rising flour
- 4 tsp
- 3/4 c
- 1/2 c
- 8 oz
- strawberries, fresh or frozen, minced or cut small
- 1 stick
- butter, softened
- 3 3/4 c
- powdered sugar
- 1/4 c
- strawberries, with juice, if frozen
How to Make Strawberry Cake
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
To make the cake, combine to cake mix, Jello, flour and sugar in a large bowl. Mix well. Add the oil. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition Add the water and minced strawberries and mix well.
- 2Divide the batter evenly into two 9 x 1.5 inch or two 10 -inch round baking pans that have been greased and floured.
Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean and the layers pull away from the sides of the pan.
Transfer the layers from the oven to wire racks. Let them cool, still in their pans, for 10 minutes. Remove cakes from pans, cool completely.
- 3To prepare the frosting beat the butter on medium speed until fluffy. Add sugar and strawberries and beat until creamy,add more sugar if the frosting is too thin. Garnish with fresh strawberries.
Begin frosting cake by starting with the layer in between the 2 cakes. Cover entire cake with frosting