·6 egg yolks
·1½ cups granulated sugar
·1½ cups cake flour
·1 teaspoon baking powder
·½ teaspoon salt
·1/3 cup cold water
·2 teaspoons vanilla
·6 egg whites
·½ teaspoon cream of tarter
How to Make Sponge Cake
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg yolks until very thick and lemon colored; about 5 minutes. Gradually beat in sugar.
- On low speed, mix in the flour, baking powder, and salt, alternately with water; add vanilla.
- In another mixing bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff.
- Gradually fold in the egg mixture into the egg whites; fold gently until blended.
- Bake tube pan for 60-65 minutes.
Bake loaf pans for approx.40-45 minutes.