- 6 egg yolks
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1½ cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 egg whites
- ½ teaspoon cream of tarter
How to Make Sponge Cake
- 1Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2In a mixing bowl, beat egg yolks until very thick and lemon colored; about 5 minutes. Gradually beat in sugar.
- 3On low speed, mix in the flour, baking powder, and salt, alternately with water; add vanilla.
- 4In another mixing bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff.
- 5Gradually fold in the egg mixture into the egg whites; fold gently until blended.
- 7Bake tube pan for 60-65 minutes.
Bake loaf pans for approx.40-45 minutes.