Skillet Apple Brownie
In the fall I make it for football parties at our house. We are Alabama and Auburn fans..YEP...a house divided!! BUT:
Add a sprinkle of powdered sugar or a scoop of vanilla ice cream to the "just outta the oven" brownie and you'll be a happy camper win or lose!! Well....at least your sweet tooth will be happy. ;-) ROLL TIDE!
2 capples, peeled, cored, and diced
1 call purpose flour
1/2 cbrown sugar
1/2 tspground cinnamon
1/2 tspground nutmeg
1/4 tspground cloves
2eggs, slightly beaten
3 Tbspheavy cream
1/2 cchopped pecans (optional)
How to Make Skillet Apple Brownie
- Preheat oven to 350*.
Add 1 tablespoon of the butter to the skillet and put it in the oven while it is preheating.
The butter will be browned and ready for the batter.
- In a large bowl whisk together, flour, sugars, salt, and spices.
- In a small bowl melt the remaining butter and let it cool a bit.
- When the butter has cooled down whisk in the heavy cream,eggs, and vanilla
- Toss apples and pecans(if desired) in the flour mixture
- Add the butter,egg and vanilla mixture to the flour mixture.
- Pour into the hot-buttered skillet
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.