Rum-doused Lemon Poppy-Seed Cake
1cup butter, softened
4ounces cream cheese, softened
13/4cups white sugar
1tablespoon fresh lemon rind, grated
1teaspoon baking powder
2tablespoons poppy seeds
How to Make Rum-doused Lemon Poppy-Seed Cake
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 10" tube pan or bundt pan.
- In large bowl, beat together butter, cream cheese until well blended.
- Mix in sugar, eggs, and lemon rind until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl sift, flour and baking powder, stir into butter mixture.
- Add in poppy seeds.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes in pan, then invert onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Drizzle rum over cooled cake slowly, allowing for absorption before drizzling on rest.
- Cover and let stand 2 or 3 hours before serving.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.