Rum-doused Lemon Poppy-Seed Cake
- cup butter, softened
- ounces cream cheese, softened
- cups white sugar
- large eggs
- tablespoon fresh lemon rind, grated
- 1 1/2
- cups flour
- teaspoon baking powder
- tablespoons poppy seeds
- cup rum
How to Make Rum-doused Lemon Poppy-Seed Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Grease a 10" tube pan or a bundt pan.
- 3In large bowl, beat together butter, cream cheese until well blended.
- 4Mix in sugar, eggs, and lemon rind until light and fluffy.
- 5In separate bowl sift, flour and baking powder, stir into butter mixture.
- 6Add in poppy seeds.
- 7Bake 50 to 60 minutes. (check to make sure it is done)
- 8Cool 15 minutes in pan, then invert onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
- 9Drizzle rum over cooled cake slowly, allowing for absorption before drizzling on rest.
- 10Cover and let stand 2 or 3 hours before serving.
- 11Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.