Pumpkin cake with Buttermilk glaze
1 1/2 coil
1 tspallspice, ground
2 tspbaking powder
2 ccooked pumpkin,mashed
1 cchopped walnuts
3 call purpose flour
How to Make Pumpkin cake with Buttermilk glaze
- Mix together the first 8 ingredients in a large bowl. Beat on low for 1 minute.
- Mix nuts with flour and toss until coated.
- Add 1 cup of flour- nut mixture alternately with each egg, beating after each addition on low speed just enough to mix.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- Pour batter into well greased and floured 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degree F. for about 1hour and 15 minutes or until done.
- Place on rack and cool for 20 minutes. Then pour glaze over cake and cool in pan. If not adding glaze, remove from pan to finish cooling
- BUTTERMILK GLAZE- Mix all ingredients in saucepan.1 cup sugar,1/2 cup buttermilk, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda. Bring to a boil over medium heat and boil for 2 minutes. Spoon over cake in pan and let it cool.