Preacher's Cake Better with Butter
2 stickbutter or margerine, softened
2 cwhite sugar
2 tspbaking soda
1/2 cchopped pecans
1 can(s)(20 oz.) crushed pineapple in its own juice, drained, reserve juice
2 csifted flour
How to Make Preacher's Cake Better with Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a 9"x13" oblong pan.
- Cream together butter or margarine, sugar, eggs, baking soda, vanilla and salt.
- Gradually blend flour into creamed mixture with reserved pineapple juice.
- Fold in pineapple and chopped pecans with a rubber spatula until well incorporated throughout the batter.
- Bake in prepared 9"x13" pan for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Ice with your choice of frosting, glaze or sift a little powdered sugar over the top.