Pirates Golden Treasure Cake
Truly a dessert fit for the Captain and his crew. Created for the Raiders of the Lost Pantry Contest.
- (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- teaspoon ground allspice
- teaspoons ground cinnamon
- teaspoon ground cloves
- teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- teaspoon ground nutmeg
- teaspoon ground mace
- teaspoon salt
- large eggs
- sour cream
- cup evaporated milk
- cup vegetable oil
- cup golden raisin (chopped)
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- (796 ml) canned peach slices, drained (reserve 3 tbsps for sauce)
- cup butter
- cup brown sugar
- tablespoons peach juice (reserved, see above)
- tablespoon vanilla extract
- cup dark rum
GOLDEN PEACHES IN RUM SAUCE
How to Make Pirates Golden Treasure Cake
- 1Spice Cake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2Generously grease and flour a bundt cake pan.
- 3In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, pudding mix, spices and salt, mix well.
- 4Now add the eggs, sour cream, evaporated milk, vegetable oil and beat for 2 minutes, make sure it is well blended, then mix in the raisins and spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- 5Bake for 38 to 43 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Make sure to check cake at the 35 minute mark to see if it is necessary to continue baking.
- 6Let the cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes and then invert the baked cake onto the rack and allow too cool completely.
- 7Golden Peaches in Rum Sauce: While the cake is baking start the sauce, put a saute pan on medium heat and melt the butter.
- 8Now, add reserved peach juice, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla, stir until dissolved.
- 9When dissolved add the peaches and rum and cook until sauce is thickened, about 6 -10 minutes.
- 10Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- 11May be served warm or at room temperature.
- 12When ready to serve, slice the cake, add a scope of vanilla ice cream if using and cover with the golden peaches in rum sauce.