Pineapple Upside Down Cake-EASY
I will put my own pic on asap...(can't find any others that look exactly like mine).
- 1 box
- cheapest yellow cake mix-no pudding added
- 1 pkg
- instant vanilla pudding
- 1/2 c
- pure butter, melted and cooled, somewhat
- 4 large
- 1 can(s)
- pineapple rings (i prefer dole)
- 1 bottle
- marachino cherries, sans stems
- 1-1 1/2 c
- light or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 c
- walnuts (coarsely chopped)
- 1/4 c
- pure butter for dotting at bottom of cake (see recipe)
How to Make Pineapple Upside Down Cake-EASY
- 1In a stand mixer, mix the cake mix, pudding mix, butter, pineapple juice plus enough water to make 1 cup of liquid and eggs. Mix well (about 4 minutes on medium speed).
- 2Spray a 10 inch skillet generously with butter flavored vegetable spray.
- 3Lay pineapple rings into the bottom of the pan beginning with one in the middle. Cut the remaining rings each in half, and place around the sides of the skillet with the rounded side down. There should be exactly enough pineapple rings to do this.
- 4Place a Marachino cherry into each ring, including the side rings. Dot generously with butter, sprinkle generously with brown sugar and chopped walnuts. Pour in cake batter. Pan will be fairly full, but not over the top.
- 5Bake for about 30 minutes (depending on the heat of your oven). The cake will be done when it springs back when touched, without leaving any fingerprint. It may take longer to bake...I am just going on memory here. I check mine often, when it starts to smell done.
- 6When you remove it from the oven, allow it to sit for about 3-4 minutes. Carefully turn the cake out of the pan, upside down-onto your serving dish or plate. Allow to cool before eating. Store covered in the refrigerator. Excellent served at room temperature or cold!