PAISLEY ALMOND CAKES
How to Make PAISLEY ALMOND CAKES
- 1In a small bowl, beat together the sugar and butter until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs and beat well.
- 2In another bowl, mix together the flours and baking powder. Gradually add to the sugar mixture until all is creamy white.
- 3Gently fold in the ground almonds.
- 4Spoon mixture into greased and floured muffin tin, holding 12. Top each with a sliced almond and bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for about 15 minutes until risen, golden, and firm to the touch. Cool on a wire rack.
- 5NOTE: You can make your own caster sugar if you can't find it in stores. Simply pulse granulated sugar in the blender or food processor until it becomes super-fine (not powdery).