PAISLEY ALMOND CAKES
1/2 crice flour
1 tspbaking powder
1/3 cbutter, softened
1/3 ccaster (superfine) sugar
2 Tbspground almonds
6almonds, blanched (halved)
How to Make PAISLEY ALMOND CAKES
- In a small bowl, beat together the sugar and butter until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs and beat well.
- In another bowl, mix together the flours and baking powder. Gradually add to the sugar mixture until all is creamy white.
- Gently fold in the ground almonds.
- Spoon mixture into greased and floured muffin tin, holding 12. Top each with a sliced almond and bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for about 15 minutes until risen, golden, and firm to the touch. Cool on a wire rack.
- NOTE: You can make your own caster sugar if you can't find it in stores. Simply pulse granulated sugar in the blender or food processor until it becomes super-fine (not powdery).