☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 cpecans, finely chopped
1 1/2 csugar
1 tsporange rind grated
2 Tbsporange juice
2 1/3 call-purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
3/4 tspvanilla extract
1/2 tspcream of tartar
How to Make Orange-Pecan Crunch Cake
- Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan; sprinkle pecans in pan. Set aside.
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine milk, orange rind, and juice. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in vanilla.
Combine egg whites (at room temperature) and cream of tartar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; bake at 350 for 50 to 55 minutes or until a wooden tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool in pan 1o minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely.
- Spoon glaze over cake.
1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind.
1/2 cup orange juice.
1/4 cup sugar.
1 tablespoon butter.
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves and mixture is hot.
yield: about 3/4 cup.
- Spoon over cake.