Old Fashioned Bourbon Pecan Cake
Bourbon, or orange juice or Brandy is essential for keeping this pound cake moist! My mother used fruit flavored brandy during the holidays.
1 cor two sticks butter, do not substitute
8-9 largeeggs, separated
3 cself rising flour
2 tspvanilla extract
2 tspalmond extract
3 ozbourbon or orange juice
1 cpecans, chopped
2-3 Tbspapricot brandy, or orange juice or good bourbon
How to Make Old Fashioned Bourbon Pecan Cake
- Preheat the oven to 300*F grease and flour a 10 inch bundt or tube pan. Then sprinkle the bottom of the pan with 1/2 cup of chopped Pecans. Set Aside.
- Cream butter and sugar well, then add egg yolks one at a time mixing completely after each addition.
- Add flour, extracts and bourbon, then combine and set aside.
- Whip the egg whites till stiff peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the batter until well combined.
- You may feed this cake 2-3 tablespoons of Apricot brandy every two weeks or until The holidays. Lovely old fashioned bourbon pecan cake.