☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2teaspoon baking soda
1/4teaspoon ginger, powdered
9tablespoons butter, unsalted, room temperature
1cup sugar, vanilla scented
2/3cup sour cream, thick
2teaspoons vanilla extract, pure
1/2teaspoon lemon extract, pure
1teaspoon lemon rind, finely grated
1large egg, room temperature
2large egg yolks, room temperature
1/2cup mango, fresh, sweet, diced
1pint whipping cream, cold
6tablespoons sugar, white
1teaspoon vanilla extract, pure
2tablespoons rum, dark
1/2cup coconut, sweet, toasted (garnish)
How to Make Mini Mango Cakes
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Butter and flour muffin cups, 16 2 3/4-inches.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, salt and ginger.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter on high for 2 minutes.
- Add sugar to butter gradually, beating a total of 2 minutes longer.
- Next, add vanilla extract, lemon extract, lemon rind and sour cream together.
- Add sour cream mixture to butter and sugar, beat 1 minute.
- Add 1 egg and beat on medium high for 1 minute then add egg yolks and beat 1 minute longer.
- Scrape down bowl.
- Add flour just until all flour is absorbed.
- Gently, mix in diced mango.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake on lower-third level rack for 20 - 23 minutes.
- Allow cakes to cool in tins for 1 minute before carefully removing and placing on rack to cool completely.
- While waiting for cakes to cool prepare whipped cream.
- In a cold bowl add whipping cream, sugar, vanilla extract and dark rum.
- Beat on high until cream thickens.
- Split cakes in half, spread with rum cream and sprinkle toasted coconut on top.