Milky Way Cake
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
18 ozof milky way bars
1 cland of lakes butter
4large eggs separted
1 1/4 cbuttermilk
1/2 tspbaking soda
2 1/2 call purpose flour
6 ozsemi sweet chocolate
1 cchopped pecans (optional)
How to Make Milky Way Cake
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease and flour 9x13 baking dish. (you can also use a 10 inch tube pan
- Melt the candy bars and butter in a heavy Dutch oven over low heat, stirring often. Remove from heat and stir in sugar.
- Combine egg yokes, buttermilk and baking soda in a small bowl until well blended.
- Combine flour and salt in another bowl. Add to candy mixture, alternating with buttermilk mixture, beginning and ending with the DRY ingredients. (Stir in pecans here if adding.)
- In a clean bowl beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry. Fold into batter, and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 75 minutes or until set and cake pulls away from the sides of the pan. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Unmold and cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate and pour over cooled cake