Mama's Strawberry Bread
Anthony Nicometi Jr
1/2 cpacked brown sugar
1/2 cvegetable or canola oil
1 1/4 tspvanilla extract
1/2 cwhole milk
1 croughly chopped fresh strawberries (refer to recipe before measuring!)
·zest of half an orange
1 1/2 cself rising flour
How to Make Mama's Strawberry Bread
- In a mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, the egg, the vanilla extract, Orange zest and the oil. And mix for 3 -5 mins or until combined.
You need 1/3 cup of strawberry puree. So take 1/3 of the chopped strawberries, and pulse them a few times in your food processor, or mash them with a fork until a strawberry puree is formed.
- Once your puree is finished, add to the brown sugar mixture and mix until combined.
- Next add the flour and milk, and gently work the mixture by folding, until a smooth batter is formed.
- Take the reserved 2/3c of Strawberries and gently fold them in to the mix.
- Place in a loaf pan, and bake at 350 degrees for roughly 45 mins, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (Start checking at 35 - 40 mins)
- Allow to cool for 10 mins, Cut, serve, and enjoy!!! :)