"Magic" Custard Pie
I tried making this not believing that it would actually work ...but it did and all the family loved it !!
The layers really do just magically appear it's lovely.
1/2 c(113g) unsalted butter
2 c2 cups (480ml) milk
11/4 c(150g) confectioner’s sugar
1 Tbsp1 tablespoon (15ml) water
1 c(115g) flour
1 tsp(5ml) vanilla extract
·extra confectioner’s sugar for dusting (optional)
How to Make "Magic" Custard Pie
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F). Lightly butter or grease a 8″x8″ baking dish.
- Melt the butter and set aside to slightly cool. Warm the milk to lukewarm and set aside.
- Whip the egg whites to stiff peaks (add 4 drops of vinegar). Set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar until light. Mix in the melted butter and the tablespoon of water for about 2 minutes or until evenly incorporated.
Mix in the flour until evenly incorporated. Slowly beat in the milk and vanilla extract until everything is well mixed.
- Fold in the egg whites, 1/3 at a time. Repeat until all of the egg whites are folded in.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45-60 minutes or until the top is golden. Allow cake to completely cool before cutting and then dust with confectioner’s sugar (optional)