LEMONADE CITRUS POUND CAKE
Rose Mary Mogan
I started with ingredients in my basic POUND CAKE recipe, then had read in one of my vintage cookbooks how cornstarch was used with all purpose flour to create a softer textured cake, & I wanted to implement that into the cake too. Then I thought if I ground up oranges it would enhance the flavors of the lemonade concentrate. This cake is awesome in flavors & taste & so moist in texture. LUV IT
- 3 c
- White Lily all purpose flour
- 1 c
- corn starch
- 3 c
- granulated sugar
- 11/2 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- kosher salt
- 3 stick
- butter, softened to room temperature
- 6 large
- eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 c
- 1 c
- frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 tsp
- pure lemon extract
- 5-6 dash(es)
- or drops of yellow food color, optional
- 2 medium
- whole navel oranges, pulverized in food processor
- 1 box
- lemon Jello or orange Jello as desired 3 ounces
How to Make LEMONADE CITRUS POUND CAKE
- 1Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and corn starch together in a medium bowl and set aside till needed. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F, prep cake pans by spraying with bakers joy or non-stick cooking spray, if using cooking spray, spray pans heavily then set aside till needed. This is the DIMENSIONS CAKE PAN by NORDIC WARE, it has an 11 cup capacity.
- 9Divide cake batter evenly between the 2 prepared cake pans or you may use a larger 16 cup capacity cake pan, make sure there is at least 2 inches left in pan to allow for cake to rise during baking. Bake in preheated 325 degree F. oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. If using a larger 16 cup capacity cake pan may require additional time about 1 1/2 hours.
- 10This is the Blossoms Cake Pan which has a 10 cup capacity. NOTE: SINCE POSTING THE ORIGINAL RECIPE, I FOUND THAT THE CAKE BATTER FOR THIS RECIPE FILLS MORE THAN A 16 CUP CAPACITY PAN, USE A SMALL LOAF PAN OR A SMALLER ROUND TUBE PAN FOR THE REMAINING BATTER. REMEMBER TO LEAVE 2 inch SPACE from top of pan TO ALLOW CAKE TO RISE.
- 13TO MAKE THIS GLAZE RECIPE: Add 2 cups powdered sugar, 1/2 stick softened butter, 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream or evaporated milk, 1 teaspoon lemon extract, 1/4-1/3 cup thawed lemonade concentrate, and the zest of a whole orange in a medium size bowl and beat till blended together. Add more liquid for a thinner consistency or more confectioners sugar for a thicker consistency. Then drizzle over cake in desired manner, over entire cake or just drizzled on top and sides.