Kato's Chocolate Hazelnut Delight Torte
This cake is best if made the day before and allowed to chill over night.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1(18 ounce) box dark chocolate cake mix
1/2 cchocolate, bittersweet, grated
1 Tbspespresso, fine grind
1 1/2 cunsalted butter, softened
4 cicing sugar
4 ozbittersweet chocolate, melted
2 Tbspinstant coffee, dissolved in
1 Tbspboiling water
2 Tbsppure vanilla extract
1/2 chazelnut-flavored liqueur, frangelica
1 chazelnuts, toasted, sliced
1/8 chazelnuts, ground
How to Make Kato's Chocolate Hazelnut Delight Torte
- Cake - Preheat oven using temperature on box mix.
- Grease and flour two round 9" cake pans.
- Mix cake as directed on back of package.
- Gently add the grated bittersweet chocolate and the ground espresso to the prepared cake mixture, then pour into pans and bake.
- Cool cakes completely on wire racks.
- Slice each cake layer into two even layers.
- Butter cream Icing - Beat the butter until it is light and fluffy, then add the icing sugar slowly, until well blended.
- Divide the butter cream icing into four bowls equally.
- In #1 bowl add the melted chocolate to the icing, in
- #2 bowl add the coffee liquid to the icing and in #3 & #4 bowls add 1 tbsp vanilla to both bowls of icing.
- To assemble the cake, place first cake layer.
- Sprinkle cake with 2 tbsp of Frangelica and spread chocolate butter cream onto cake.
- Top cake with second cake layer, sprinkle cake with 2 tbsps of frangelica and spread vanilla buttercream onto cake.
- Top cake with third cake layer, sprinkle cake with 2 tbsp of Frangelica and spread coffee butter cream onto cake.
- Top cake with fourth cake layer, sprinkle cake with remaining Frangelica and spread vanilla butter cream onto top and sides of cake.
- Press the sliced hazelnuts into the sides of the cake and garnish the top with the ground hazelnuts.
- Chill cake in fridge for several hours. Chilling gives time for the magic to happen.
- One hour before serving remove cake from fridge and allow to slowly come to room temperature.