2 1/2 chuckleberries (frozen ok)
1/4 csoft butter
1 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
3/4 cboiling water
How to Make Huckleberry Buckle
- If you are working with frozen berries: place in strainer and let them partially thaw. Pour off extra juice.
- Mix 1/4 c. soft butter with 1/2 sugar until blended.
- In separate bowl combine 1 c. flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Add 1/2 cup of milk to your butter / sugar mixture and mix just a bit. Add your flour mixture. Don't mix too much, batter will be a little lumpy.
- Butter the bottom of an 8x8 inch pan (for a thinner dessert use a 9x9).
- Spread batter in bottom of pan.
- Combine boiling water and 3/4 cup sugar. Add berries, stir. Pour over top of batter - DO NOT MIX!
- Dot top with 1 tablespoon butter, cut into pieces.
- Bake @ 350 degrees (I use a glass pan and this is perfect). Bake for 45-50 minutes, until center is done. Serve warm with ice cream.