☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 boxyellow cake mix
3/4 cvegetable oil
1 c(packed) light brown sugar
2 tspground cinnamon
2 cpowdered sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
1 csour cream
How to Make Honey Bun Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray 13x9 baking dish with non-stick spray ( you can use the kind with the flour in it)
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cake mix, eggs, sour cream, and oil. Mix until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon until well blended; set aside.
- Pour half the cake batter into a greased 13x9 pan, spreading it out evenly. Add all the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture to the top covering the entire layer of the batter. Pour the rest of the cake batter on top and pread the batter out as evenly as possible.
- Place the cake in the oven and bake about 40-45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, make the glaze. In a bowl, mix the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until glaze is of desired consistency. I like mine a bit thick but still pour-able. When the cake comes out of the oven, immediately pour glaze onto the hot cake. Spread it out evenly. Let the cake sit for a few minutes so the glaze can set and serve warm or room temperature.
- To serve it warm, pop it in the microwave for about 15 seconds.