From Scratch ~ Ooey Gooey Butter Cake
1 Tbspbaking powder
1/2 cbutter, softened
3eggs, divided use
8 ozcream cheese, softened
3 1/4 cpowdered sugar, sifted
2 tspvanilla extract
How to Make From Scratch ~ Ooey Gooey Butter Cake
- Pre-heat oven to 350. Butter and flour a 9x13 baking pan and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, blend the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, butter and 1 egg on low speed until it resembles coarse meal. Press mixture into prepared pan.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and remaining 2 eggs for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Pour over cake mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until cake is golden brown along the edges.
- Cool at least 30 minutes before cutting and serving.