☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 ccane sugar
3 call purpose flour
3 stickmargerine (imperial margerine)
1 cmilk, 1% or 2%
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
How to Make Family Pound Cake
- **Add salt and baking powder to flour.
**Get eggs, margarine and milk to room temperature. Set eggs in warm water for 10-15 minutes. Microwave milk for 10 seconds. Microwave margarine for 14 seconds until softened -- not MELTED.
- Using a mixer, cream together sugar and margarine in a large mixing bowl. When creamy, add one egg at a time and mix well. Add flour mixture and milk, alternating between the two, until gone. When mixed well, add the vanilla and mix again.
- Pour into a greased/floured bundt pan. I use Baker's Joy flour spray to spray the pan. Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Raise oven temperature to 325 degrees and bake for 15 minutes longer. Do not raise the oven racks above the 2nd position.
- Remove from the oven. Set pan on top of stove or a cooling rack to cool. I let it cool for about 1/2 hour. Place a plate on top of cake and invert to allow cake to ease out. Occasionally, it will boil over a bit. May have to take a plastic knife to slide down the sides of the pan and center to help release.
- Optional: Using the recipe on the back of Confectioners Sugar, create a glaze or eat plain.