☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 175 g
- 175 g
- brown sugar in the raw
- 2 Tbsp
- golden syrup (not maple syrup, sold in publix or world market, made by lyles)
- 225 g
- porridge oats (quakers 1 minute works best)
How to Make Fabulous Flapjacks
- 1Lightly grease a 18 x 27cm shallow tin.
Heat your oven to 325F (160C)
Storage: Keep in an airtight container and eat within 1 week
- 2Turn on the Oven. Grease the bottom of your non stick baking pan.
- 3Put the butter into a large saucepan over a low heat until all the butter has melted. Add the sugar and stir well. Dip a tablespoon into hot water (this helps the golden syrup slide into the mixture) then use it to add the golden syrup.
- 4Heat the mixture gently for a couple of minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon but DO NOT allow the mixture to boil.
- 5Take the pan off the heat. Add the oats. Stir them in really really well so that they are all covered in the syrup mixture. The mixture can look thick and dry at this point.
- 6Spoon the flapjack mixture into the greased tin and spread it all over the bottom. Use the back of the spoon to push it well into the corners. Once mixture smoothed flat, put the tin in the middle of oven.
- 7Bake the mixture for about 20 minutes. Then check to see if it is ‘Golden Brown’, it is usually slightly darker towards the edges and you can see it looking beautifully moist. I often do a further 5 minutes so the flapjacks are a true Golden color.
- 8Take the tin out of the oven and leave to sit for 10 minutes. Cut the mixture into even squares whilst in the tin and the flapjacks are still warm. Then leave them in the tin until they are cold. If you try to take them out too soon they will break!
- 9Serve with a lovely cup of tea or just grab one when you need a little sweet something.