Easy Healthy Banana Bread
This is my son's favourite school snack. Swiss schools do not allow unhealthy, sugary food/drinks at school. This banana bread is high on flavour, wholewheat grain and fibre, and low in sugar and fat. So this one is allowed! In moderation of course.
If I make it in the weekend I add small chunks of plain white chocolate. Delish!
You can add a pinch of baking powder or baking soda to make it rise a little more.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Banana bread is great for breakfast or afternoon tea and this is a very moist, tasty recipe. I used macadamia nuts and loved the flavor and crunch it added. But use whatever nuts you enjoy. The Test Kitchen
3-4ripe or even overripe bananas
1/3 cbutter, warm and soft or melted (75 g)
1/8 ccane sugar (or sugar of your choice)
1 1/2 cwholewheat flour (i like spelt)
1/2 chazelnuts/pecan nuts/macadamia nuts/pumpkin seeds (your choice)
How to Make Easy Healthy Banana Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl.
- Beat the egg briefly in a small bowl.
- Add the egg, salt and soft butter to bananas. Combine (brief, not too precise).
- Add the flour, sugar, (baking soda/powder), nuts/seeds. Combine (brief, not too precise).
- Butter and flour the ring mould, tin or whatever you use. Put the mix in the tin.