Double Chocolate Strawberry Gooey Butter Cake
Oooey, gooey and oh so creamy, this cake is such a treat. This is like a chocolate covered strawberry, in cake form. My chocolate chips didn't swirl as lovely as I would have liked them to. We ended up spreading them on top of the cake in the Test Kitchen and it was just as delicious!
- 1 box
- milk chocolate cake mix
- 2 stick
- butter - separated, melted
- 1 pkg
- cream cheese 8 oz.
- 1 lb
- powdered sugar
- 1/3 c
- cocoa powder
- 1/2 c
- strawberries, frozen, thawed and drained well
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/4 c
- strawberry preserves, heated for drizzling
- 1/3 c
- mini chocolate chips
How to Make Double Chocolate Strawberry Gooey Butter Cake
- 1Mix together dry cake mix, 1 egg and 1 stick of melted butter until a smooth dough forms. Press in the bottom of a buttered 9x13 pan.
- 2In the same bowl, mix remaining eggs, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, cocoa powder, the second stick of butter (melted) and strawberries until smooth and creamy.
- 3Pour on top of dough in pan. Drizzle with strawberry preserves and swirl to make it pretty. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes. Don't over bake, you want the middle to be a little bit jiggly, it will set as it cools.
- 4As soon as you remove the cake from the oven, sprinkle with the mini chocolate chips. after about 3 minutes when they are soft, use a spoon or knife to swirl the melted chips on the top. Serve with whipped cream.