Ding Dong cake
Who doesn't love a ding dong?
2 ozsemisweet chocolate
1 chot brewed coffee
1 2/3 call purpose flour
1 cunsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/4 tspbaking soda
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 cvegetable oil
How to Make Ding Dong cake
- Preheat oven to 300 and grease and flour two nine inch round pans. Finely chop chocolate and in a bowl combine with hot coffee. Let mixture stand stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Into a large bowl sift together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another large bowl with an electric mixer, beat eggs until thickened slightly (about three minutes). Slowly add oil, buttermilk, vanilla and melted chocolate to eggs. Beat until well mixed. Add sugar mixture and continue to mix till well blended. Divide between the two greased pans and bake 50-60 minutes. Cool layers completely before proceeding.
- Marshmallow frosting- 2 large eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup light syrup, 1 tablespoon water, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Combine frosting ingredients and add a pinch of salt. Beat until thick and fluffy, about 8 minutes. Beat in a bowl placed over hot water for first few minutes. Beat till cool if mixture is not thick enough.
- Ganache frosting- 1/2 pound semisweet chocolate, 1/2 cup heavy cream, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 and a half tablespoon light corn syrup, 2 tablespoons unsalted butter.
- Finally chop chocolate. In a 2 quart saucepan, bring cream, sugar and syrup to a boil on low heat. Whisking. Remove from heat and add rest of ingredients.
- Assemble reserving enough marshmallow frosting to pipe on top of cake.