Delicious 3 Layer German Chocolate Cake
- tsp. salt
- 2 1/4
- cups sugar
- cup cocoa (i like hershey's)
- cup buttermilk
- tsp. vanilla
- tsp. baking soda
- cups flour
- cup plus 3 tb. butter, softened
- cup boiling water
- 14 oz. *sweetened* condensed milk, not evaporated milk
- egg yolks, slightly beaten
- cup butter
- tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/3
- cups sweetened coconut
- cup chopped pecans
GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE-
COCONUT BUTTER PECAN FROSTING-
How to Make Delicious 3 Layer German Chocolate Cake
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour three 9" round cake pans.
- 2Stir together cocoa and water in small bowl until smooth. Set aside. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 3Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to butter mixture alternately with chocolate mixture and buttermilk beating only until blended, no more. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- 4Bake 25-30 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes then remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
- 5COCONUT BUTTER PECAN FROSTING-
Stir together sweetened condensed milk, beaten egg yolks and butter in medium saucepan. Cook gently over low heat stirring constantly, until mixture has thickened and is bubbly. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla, coconut and pecans. Cool to room temp. Frosting yield is about 2 2/3 cups.
- 6Spread frosting between layers and top only. (Trim inner layers of cake tops with bread knife if cake domes, leaving top layer domed, or as desired.)