Dee's Triple Chocolate Fudge Cake
*Betty started messing with the amt of cake mix they put in a box. I buy an extra box & divide it into 5-3 oz zip bags and put them back in the box. I mark it to tell it from a whole box of mix. I can now make 5 cakes with the same amt of mix as they used to have in the 18.5 oz cake mix boxes. So I add 1 - 15.5 oz box and 1 - 3 oz zip bag.
- 1 box
- cake mix, chocolate fudge
- 1 small
- box if instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 3/4 c
- vegetable oil
- 1/3 c
- 4 large
- 1/2 c
- hot water with 2 tsp expresso powder added
- 1 - 2 c
- chocolate chips, reg or mini, to taste
How to Make Dee's Triple Chocolate Fudge Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In mixer bowl, blend together the cake and pudding mix, sour cream, oil, milk, beaten eggs and expresso. Beat at medium speed for a minute. Turn on low and fold in chocolate chips. If the chocolate chips are regular size, dust with flour before folding them in. Pour batter into a well greased (or spray well with non stick spray) 12 cup bundt pan.
- 2Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until top springs back and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool cake thoroughly in pan at least 40 minutes before inverting onto a plate. Dust the cake with powdered sugar or drizzle with chocolate glaze or chocolate ganache. Another variation would be to add peanut butter chips to the batter and PB glaze on top. Enjoy
- 3* This batter can always be baked into cupcakes as well. Adjust baking time and check after 15 minutes.