Death by Chocolate
- 20oz pkg
- brownie mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1/4 c
- coffee-flavored liqueur (optional)
- (2) 3.9oz pkg
- instant chocolate pudding, prepared according to package directions
- (8) 1.4oz pkg
- chocolate-covered toffee candy bars (such as skor or heath), coarsely crushed
- 12 oz
- container frozen whipped topping, thawed
How to Make Death by Chocolate
- 1Preheat oven and bake brownie batter in a 9- x 13-inch baking pan according to package directions Allow to cool completely. Use a fork to prick holes in top of cooled brownies. Drizzle with coffee liqueur. Break up brownies into small pieces. Coarsely crush candy bars in a food processor or by gently tapping the wrapped bars with a hammer.
- 2Place half the brownies in bottom of a trifle dish or large glass serving bowl. Cover with half the pudding then one-third of the crushed candy and half the whipped topping. Repeat layers and top with the remaining crushed candy. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving. Refrigerate any leftovers.