Colonial Washington Cake
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
TWO 8-INCH PANS: BAKE 45 MINUTES
TUBE PAN: BAKE 70 MINUTES
1/4 cred wine
2 1/2 - 3 cflour, measured after sifting
1 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 tspcinnamon
1/2 ptheavy cream or sour milk
How to Make Colonial Washington Cake
- Cream the butter and sugar until light.
- Beat eggs, add wine. Combine with butter and sugar mixture.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and spices.
- Add one-third of the flour mixture and half of the cream, then add one-third of the flour mixture and the remaining cream, and then add the remaining flour mixture, blending well after each addition.
- Grease two 8-inch round cake pans, pour in the batter, and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or use a tube pan and bake for 70 minutes.