Colonial Washington Cake
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 3/4 c
- 1 c
- 1/4 c
- red wine
- 2 1/2 - 3 c
- flour, measured after sifting
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 2 tsp
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 pt
- heavy cream or sour milk
TWO 8-INCH PANS: BAKE 45 MINUTES
TUBE PAN: BAKE 70 MINUTES
How to Make Colonial Washington Cake
- 1Cream the butter and sugar until light.
- 2Beat eggs, add wine. Combine with butter and sugar mixture.
- 3Sift together flour, baking soda, and spices.
- 4Add one-third of the flour mixture and half of the cream, then add one-third of the flour mixture and the remaining cream, and then add the remaining flour mixture, blending well after each addition.
- 5Grease two 8-inch round cake pans, pour in the batter, and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or use a tube pan and bake for 70 minutes.