COCONUT REFRIGERATOR CAKE
- 1 box
- white or yellow cake mix
- (plus ingredients per instructions on box, such as eggs, oil, water)
- 1/2 tsp
- coconut extract, divided
- 2 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 can(s)
- cream of coconut (15 oz.)
- 1 can(s)
- sweetened condensed milk (14 oz.)
- 8 oz. tub whipped topping, thawed
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded sweetened coconut
How to Make COCONUT REFRIGERATOR CAKE
- 1Prepare and bake cake, as directed on box, for a 9"x13" glass dish, adding 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract to batter.
- 2While cake is baking, whip cream cheese, in a medium mixing bowl, until fluffy.
- 3Gradually mix in the cream of coconut, sweetened condensed milk and remaining 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract until well combined. Set aside.
- 4When finished baking, remove from oven and immediately poke holes all over the cake. (A bamboo chopstick or wooden skewer works well.)
- 5Pour milk mixture very slowly over the cake, saturating every hole (the slower, the better.)
- 6Refrigerate cake until cold (about 2 hrs. or more.)
- 7Spread whipped topping over cake and sprinkle with the coconut.
- 9Refrigerate leftovers.