COCONUT REFRIGERATOR CAKE
1 boxwhite or yellow cake mix
·(plus ingredients per instructions on box, such as eggs, oil, water)
1/2 tspcoconut extract, divided
2 ozcream cheese, room temperature
1 can(s)cream of coconut (15 oz.)
1 can(s)sweetened condensed milk (14 oz.)
18 oz. tub whipped topping, thawed
1 1/2 cshredded sweetened coconut
How to Make COCONUT REFRIGERATOR CAKE
- Prepare and bake cake, as directed on box, for a 9"x13" glass dish, adding 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract to batter.
- While cake is baking, whip cream cheese, in a medium mixing bowl, until fluffy.
- Gradually mix in the cream of coconut, sweetened condensed milk and remaining 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract until well combined. Set aside.
- When finished baking, remove from oven and immediately poke holes all over the cake. (A bamboo chopstick or wooden skewer works well.)
- Pour milk mixture very slowly over the cake, saturating every hole (the slower, the better.)
- Refrigerate cake until cold (about 2 hrs. or more.)
- Spread whipped topping over cake and sprinkle with the coconut.
- Refrigerate leftovers.