Cinnamon Toast Layer Cake
filled with fresh cinnamon toast bits.
- 2 c
- cinnamon toast bits(about 10 cinnamon toasts),divided
- (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
- 5 Tbsp
- cinnamon sugar,divided
- 1 tube(s)
- frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3/4 c
- heavy cream
- (3.5 ounce) instant vanilla pudding mix
- (8 ounce) package cream cheese,softened
How to Make Cinnamon Toast Layer Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.Sprinkle 1 cup cinnamon toast bits on 2 (8-inch)round cake pans.
- 2Prepare cake mix according to package directions,adding
2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar before mixing.
- 3Pour batter into prepared cake pans.Bake for 20 to 25
minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes
out clean.Cool cakes in pans 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- 4Remove cakes from pans.Poke several holes in each cake
layer with a toothpick.Let cool completely on a wire
- 5Combine whipped topping,heavy cream,vanilla pudding mix and cream cheese mix in a large mixing bowl.Add 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar;beat with a mixer at low speed until blended.Beat at high speed for 4 minutes or until soft peaks form.
- 6Place 1 cake layer on a serving plate;top with half of
frosting.Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon toast bits.
Top first layer with second cake layer;spread remaining frosting on sides and top of cake.Sprinkle
with remaining cinnamon sugar all over the cake.Chill frosted cake until ready to serve.