Cinnamon Toast Layer Cake
filled with fresh cinnamon toast bits.
2 ccinnamon toast bits(about 10 cinnamon toasts),divided
1(18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
5 Tbspcinnamon sugar,divided
1 tube(s)frozen whipped topping, thawed
3/4 cheavy cream
1(3.5 ounce) instant vanilla pudding mix
1(8 ounce) package cream cheese,softened
How to Make Cinnamon Toast Layer Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.Sprinkle 1 cup cinnamon toast bits on 2 (8-inch)round cake pans.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions,adding
2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar before mixing.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pans.Bake for 20 to 25
minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes
out clean.Cool cakes in pans 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Remove cakes from pans.Poke several holes in each cake
layer with a toothpick.Let cool completely on a wire
- Combine whipped topping,heavy cream,vanilla pudding mix and cream cheese mix in a large mixing bowl.Add 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar;beat with a mixer at low speed until blended.Beat at high speed for 4 minutes or until soft peaks form.
- Place 1 cake layer on a serving plate;top with half of
frosting.Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon toast bits.
Top first layer with second cake layer;spread remaining frosting on sides and top of cake.Sprinkle
with remaining cinnamon sugar all over the cake.Chill frosted cake until ready to serve.