Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes
1 boxbetty crocker cinnamon swirl cake mix
3 stickbutter (softened)
2 largeduncan hines cream cheese whipped icing
2 Tbspground cinnamon
3 cconfectioners' sugar
a few dash(es)brown icing coloring
How to Make Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes
- Mix cake ingredients according to box.
- Fill 12 count muffin pan with cupcake liners and preheat oven to 350 F.
- Using ice cream scoop, fill each liner 2/3 full with cake batter.
- Bake for 18 minutes. Pull out and check with a toothpick or fork (if comes out clean they are done, if not bake for just 2 more minutes and check again).
- Let cupcakes cool at least 5 minutes. Put them on paper towels to be iced.
- Bake the rest of the cupcakes repeating steps 3-5.
- Add about 3 full sprinkles of cinnamon per can of cream cheese icing. To ice cupcakes you can use knife of pastry bag your choice.
- For cinnamon icing: mix rest of the cinnamon (significantly more than what you put in the cream cheese), the confectioner's sugar, milk, 1 1/2 sticks butter (melted), salt and brown food coloring in medium bowl. This icing will be slightly soupy.
- Definitely use a pastry bag for this icing. Create a swirl pattern over the cream cheese icing to resemble a cinnamon roll.