Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes
- 1 box
- betty crocker cinnamon swirl cake mix
- 3 stick
- butter (softened)
- 3 medium
- 2 large
- duncan hines cream cheese whipped icing
- 2 Tbsp
- ground cinnamon
- 3 c
- confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- a few dash(es)
- brown icing coloring
How to Make Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes
- 1Mix cake ingredients according to box.
- 2Fill 12 count muffin pan with cupcake liners and preheat oven to 350 F.
- 3Using ice cream scoop, fill each liner 2/3 full with cake batter.
- 4Bake for 18 minutes. Pull out and check with a toothpick or fork (if comes out clean they are done, if not bake for just 2 more minutes and check again).
- 5Let cupcakes cool at least 5 minutes. Put them on paper towels to be iced.
- 6Bake the rest of the cupcakes repeating steps 3-5.
- 7Add about 3 full sprinkles of cinnamon per can of cream cheese icing. To ice cupcakes you can use knife of pastry bag your choice.
- 8For cinnamon icing: mix rest of the cinnamon (significantly more than what you put in the cream cheese), the confectioner's sugar, milk, 1 1/2 sticks butter (melted), salt and brown food coloring in medium bowl. This icing will be slightly soupy.
- 9Definitely use a pastry bag for this icing. Create a swirl pattern over the cream cheese icing to resemble a cinnamon roll.