Chocolate Swirl Muffin Cake
Leslie Speed Dutton
- 1 c
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 c
- whipping cream
- 1 tsp
- 2 box
- betty crocker® chocolate chip premium muffin mix
- 1 1/3 c
- 1/2 c
- vegetable oil
How to Make Chocolate Swirl Muffin Cake
- 11Heat oven to 375°F. Generously grease 12-cup fluted tube cake pan.
- 22In 2-quart saucepan, cook all filling ingredients over medium-low heat 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until smooth. Remove 1/3 cup filling for glaze; set aside. Freeze remaining filling 15 minutes until thick like pudding.
- 33Meanwhile, in large bowl, stir together all cake ingredients. Spoon half the batter into pan. Remove filling from freezer. Carefully spoon filling in center of batter to within 1/2 inch of pan edges. Spoon remaining batter over filling.
- 44Bake 50 to 65 minutes or until top springs back when touched. Cool 15 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack. Spoon reserved 1/3 cup filling on cake to glaze. (If too thick, microwave filling on High 10 to 15 seconds using microwavable small bowl.) Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 5Expert Tips
Wrap cake tightly and store in the fridge for up to a week or freeze up to 3 months.