Chocolate Ice Box Cake ( 6 layers )
- 1 box
- yellow cake mix ( chocolate )i like duncan hines
- 3 medium
- 1 c
- 1/3 c
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 12 oz
- cream cheese ( room temp. )
- 1 stick
- butter ( room temp. )
- 1 1/2 c
- powder sugar
- 6 Tbsp
- 3 c
- heavy cream
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
How to Make Chocolate Ice Box Cake ( 6 layers )
- 12 8 or 9 in" cake pans. Grease and flour pans.
- 2Preheat oven on 350 degrees
- 3Mix cake with all ingredients. Pour into cake pans.
- 4Bake for 20 or 25 min. Or until done.
- 5While cake bakes, in large bowl mix cream cheese, butter, cocoa, powder sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla until thick and you have stiff peaks.
- 6When cakes are cooled, cut each layer into 3 thin layers.
- 7Put your first cake layer on cake plate, then spread on a layer of icing, using equal amounts of icing on each layer. End with icing on top, cover and refrigerate 8 hrs. Or overnight.