- first layer
- 1 box
- yellow cake mix
- 1 stick
- butter, very soft
- 1 bag(s)
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 box
- powdered sugar
- 1 pkg
- (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
How to Make Chocolate gooey butter bars
- 1Mix the cake mix, 1 egg and very soft butter and spread in the bottom of a 13 x 9 prepared pan.
Mixture will be sticky. It helps to use wet fingers for this step when pressing dough into the pan.
- 2Press one bag of chocolate chips into the first layer. I used a 12 ounce bag of chocolate chips.
- 3Beat the cream cheese, 2 eggs and powdered sugar well and pour over the second layer.
- 4Bake at 300 for about one hour and ten minutes until top is lightly browned.
Cut into small bars for serving.