Chocolate Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 c
- butter softened
- 8 oz
- cream cheese softened
- 3 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 6 large
- eggs added one at a time mixing well after each
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 1 c
- powdered cocoa
- 1 dash(es)
- 3 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp
How to Make Chocolate Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 1A stand mixer works best for this recipe for me. Cream together the butter and cream cheese on high until almost white. Gradually add sugar. Gradually add the cocoa. Add the dash of cinnamon. Never stop the mixer if possible. Add the eggs one at a time incorporating each completely before adding the next. Add the vanilla. Add the salt.
- 2Gradually add the flour one cup at a time incorporating each completely. Turn the mixer on high and mix for at least another minute.
- 3Pour the cake batter into a well greased and floured tube pan. May use powdered sugar instead of flour if you like. This will add to the crispness of the sides. Place cake in a cold oven and bake at 315 degrees for approximately 2 hours. I usually check the readiness with a knife at 1 hour 45 minutes.
Allow to stand in the pan about 20 minutes before turning out. Then allow another 20 minutes before cutting to serve.
- 4Can place on a beautiful cake plate and surround with frosted grapes or chocolate dipped strawberries.
This cake is wonderful alone or served with ice cream or fruit or both! Whipped cream is nice too!