Chocolate Coated Deep Fried Twinkies
- 6 to 8
- twinkes, that have been in the freezer over night
- 6 to stick
- lollipop sticks
- 1 large
- 2/3 c
- whole milk
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 1/4 c
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- dash of salt
- deep frier
- oil, peanut oil is best
FOR THE TWINKIES YOU NEED THE FOLLOWING:
FOR DEEP FRYING
How to Make Chocolate Coated Deep Fried Twinkies
- 1Put Twinkies in the freezer the night before. Set up deep fryer and start heating the oil to 350. You can also use a pan on the stove, you want the oil to be about 4 to 5 inches deep and use a deep fry thermometer.
- 2Beat egg and milk together in a small bowl and set aside. In medium sized bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt and mix together with a wire whip. Slowly add milk, egg mixture to the flour mixture.
- 3Put lollypop sticks into the Twinkies lengthwise, leaving at least 2 inches sticking out to use as a handle.
- 4Now dip your Twinkie into the batter and cover completely allowing the excess batter to drip off. Drop directly into hot oil for about 3 minutes on each side.
- 5When the coating is golden brown on both sides remove and let drain on a paper towel. You can now sprinkle the with powdered sugar if you like or drizzle with chocolate or your choice of topping flavor. You can also use cinnamon and sugar to get a snickerdoodle like taste. Have fun and enjoy!
- 6For a fresh lemon taste, combine 1 cup powdered sugar, the zest of 1 lemon and the juice of 1 lemon. Then gently roll your drained fried Twinkie in the lemon glaze. Be as creative as you like with these!