CHOCOLATE CARAMEL CUPCAKES
Recipe & photo: Great American Home Baking
4bars (1.3 oz.ea.) milk chocolate-coated caramel
2 call purpose flour
½ cgranulated sugar
½ cfirmly packed light brown sugar
1 tspbaking powder
1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make CHOCOLATE CARAMEL CUPCAKES
- Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Place the candy bars in a food processor and process until chopped. (Or you can use a large, sharp knife to cut the candy bars into small pieces, dipping the knife into hot water and wiping it off after every few cuts.)
- Combine the flour, eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, shortening, milk, baking powder, vanilla and salt in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer set on medium speed, scraping the bowl down once, for 2 minutes. Stir the candy bars into the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups, filling each about half full.
- Bake in a preheated 350º oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 15-20 minutes. Cool the cupcakes in the pan for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. These don't need frosting.