Cherry Oh Cherry Bars
From my own point of view, a teaspoon of salt as part of the bar ingredients sounds excessive. I think I would add no more than a half-teaspoon, but it's totally up to you.
INGREDIENTS FOR BARS
1 cbutter, softened
2 cgranulated sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
1/4 tspalmond extract
3 call-purpose flour
2 can(s)cherry pie filling
INGREDIENTS FOR GLAZE
1 cpowdered sugar
1/2 tspvanilla extract
1/2 tspalmond extract
How to Make Cherry Oh Cherry Bars
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- With a hand-held mixer or the wire whisk of yoru stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Slowly add the flour and salt; mix well.
- Spread approximately three cups of the batter in a greased 9x13 pan (use a bigger pan if you wants the bars to be thinner).
- Spread the pie filling over the batter.
- Drop tablespoons of batter randomly over the pie filling.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.