How to Make Cherry Dessert
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9X13 pan. Melt the 1 1/2 sticks of butter in microwave or saucepan.
- Pour the 2 cans of pie filling into the pan. Spread evenly to edges. Sprinkle dry cake mix over the pie filling and spread evenly to cover fruit. Sprinkle cinnamon over the cake mix.
- Spoon or slowly pour the butter over the dry ingredients in pan. Get the butter as evenly distributed as possible including the edges.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until very gold brown in the oven. Cool for approx. 30 minutes before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream in bowls.
- NOTE: My Mom used 1 can sour pitted cherries and 1 can cherry pie filling occasionally to make it more tart. She also used cherry and raspberry pie fillings together- you can mix and match to your taste! You can also do one side cherry and one side apple..lots of options! Peach, blueberry, apple, lemon and cherry are all wonderful! Enjoy!