Carrot Patch Cupcakes
- 1 box
- betty crocker® supermoist® devil's food cake mix
- water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- container chocolate ready-to-spread frosting
- 1 c
- finely crushed creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (8 cookies)
- 1 c
- cream cheese whipped ready-to-spread frosting (from 12-oz container)
- 1 tsp
- orange paste food color
- green apple sour candy straws (from two 2-oz packages), cut into 1-inch pieces
How to Make Carrot Patch Cupcakes
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups. Make cake mix as directed on box, using water, oil and eggs. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Bake and cool as directed on box for cupcakes.
- 2With small knife, cut cone shape out of center of each cupcake; discard center. Frost cupcakes with chocolate frosting, leaving cutout centers unfrosted. Sprinkle cookie crumbs on large plate. Carefully dip cupcake tops in crumbs to look like dirt.
- 3In small bowl, mix cream cheese frosting and food color until well blended. Spoon into resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag. Cut off small corner of bag. Twist bag above frosting; squeeze bag to pipe frosting into cutout center of each cupcake. Insert 3 sour straw pieces into orange frosting to look like carrot tops.