PS, wonderful on brownies!
·1 cup butter flavored shortening (room temp)
·1 cup unsalted butter (room temp)
·2 lbs. powdered sugar/about 8 cups (sifted for best results)
·1/2 tsp. salt
·2 tsp. vanilla
·6 oz. heavy whipping cream
How to Make Buttercream Frosting
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and butter until fluffy.
- Add sugar, and continue creaming until well blended.
- Add salt, vanilla and 6 oz. whipping cream. Blend on low speed until moistened.
- Add additional 2 oz. of whipping cream if necessary (I never have to)
- Beat on high speed until frosting is fluffy, 1-2 min.