PS, wonderful on brownies!
- 1 cup butter flavored shortening (room temp)
- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temp)
- 2 lbs. powdered sugar/about 8 cups (sifted for best results)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 6 oz. heavy whipping cream
How to Make Buttercream Frosting
- 1In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and butter until fluffy.
- 2Add sugar, and continue creaming until well blended.
- 3Add salt, vanilla and 6 oz. whipping cream. Blend on low speed until moistened.
- 4Add additional 2 oz. of whipping cream if necessary (I never have to)
- 5Beat on high speed until frosting is fluffy, 1-2 min.