BUTTER PECAN GLAZE
Rose Mary Mogan
I thought it was a good idea to share the glaze recipe by it's self, in the event you just wanted a toasted pecan glaze to compliment a dessert. I love butter pecan & this glaze is quick, simple, easy, tasty & packs a lot of flavor.
It was my idea to use Butter Flavored Extract in the recipe, the original recipe called for Orange Extract. I felt the Butter Flavored Extract would be more complimentary with the pecans. You can use what ever flavor you prefer.
- 1/2 stick
- butter, softened (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 c
- pecan halves (i used chopped)
- 3/4 c
- firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 c
- heavy cream (can use evaporated milk)
- 1/4 c
- corn syrup, ( i used light)
- 1 tsp
- butter extract original called for 1/8 tsp orange)
How to Make BUTTER PECAN GLAZE
- 4Add the brown sugar, stir until it is blended into wet ingredients. Bring to a rolling boil. Cook for 2 minutes. STIRRING CONSTANTLY. REMOVE FROM HEAT. Allow to cool just a bit then stir in butter flavored extract, and stir to blend.
NOTE- A ROLLING BOIL IS WHEN YOU BRING TO A BOIL AND IT CONTINUES TO BOIL EVEN AS YOU STIR IT.