Butter and Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 oz
- cream cheese (half of the 8 oz package) room temperature
- 1 stick
- butter,no salt, no substitutes, room temperature
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tbsp
- 3-3 1/2 c
- powdered sugar
- 2 tsp
- jello gelatin powder, any flavor or type (optional)
How to Make Butter and Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1Make sure that the butter and cream cheese are room temperature. If they aren't, the frosting will not be creamy.
- 2In an electric mixer, using the whisk attachment, combine cream cheese and butter. Scrape the sides as needed. Add vanilla and milk and slowly incorporate until smooth.
- 3Add powdered sugar by the tablespoon while the mixer is on a low speed. Once all the powdered sugar is incorporated, whip for at least 1 minutes. Scrape bowl of mixer as needed. Optional: Add the jello powder at this time, first starting on low speed and increasing speed to incorporate.
- 4Spread on cake and refrigerate for a few hours to let the butter and cream cheese set up fully.