2 chalf & half
1 cbrown sugar
1/4 tspground nutmeg
1 tspvanilla extract
3 cstale bread, torn into small pieces (french bread works best)
How to Make Bread Pudding
- In medium saucepan, over medium heat, heat milk (or half & half) just until film forms over top. Combine butter and milk, stirring until butter is melted. Cool to lukewarm.
- Combine sugar, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 1 minute. Slowly add milk mixture.
- Place bread in a lightly greased 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with raisins if desired. Pour batter on top of bread.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes or until set. Serve warm.