Bodacious Black Bean Brownies *vegan & gf
I am a chocholic and these brownies satisfies my chocolate cravings perfectly.
I made these gluten free & vegan, but you can use real eggs in place of the flax eggs, if you prefer.
You can have these plain, topped with nuts, filled with a cream cheese filling or sprinkled with mini chocolate chips. Of course, depending on what you top them with (if you do) will determine if the recipe stays vegan. (cream cheese is not vegan)
A fantastic replacement for unhealthy box mixes !
- 1 3/4 c
- black beans,well drained (or 1, 15 oz can)
- 3/4 c
- cocoa powder
- 3/4 c
- raw or cane sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 2 large
- flax eggs (you can use real eggs, but it will no longer be vegan)
- 3 Tbsp
- coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp
- real vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp
- sea salt
- small bag crushed walnuts
- 2 1/2 Tbsp
- ground flax seed
- 6 Tbsp
TO MAKE FLAX EGG MIXTURE
How to Make Bodacious Black Bean Brownies *vegan & gf
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F.
Lightly grease regular sized (12) cupcake pan.
*Do not use liners
- 2Add flax and water into food processor and give it a few pulses. Set aside for a couple of minutes.
* If using real eggs omit this step.
- 3Now, Combine all the ingredients (except walnuts and other toppings) into food processor and puree about 3 minutes. Scrape down sides as needed. You want it smooth. If too thick add a couple more tablespoons water. (I had to add about 3 Tbsp more). You do NOT want a runny batter. It will be like a thick pancake batter, almost as thick box mix brownies.
- 4Distribute evenly into cupcake pan. Bang onto countertop to even up tops. Sprinkle a little walnuts on tops and bake 20 - 30 minutes or until edges pull away slightly and the edges are dry. (mine took about 35 minutes)
The middle will be a little on the soft side. Let set in pan 30 minutes before removing from pan. Otherwise they will fall apart.
Store in an airtight container for a few days or refrigerate if keeping longer. Believe me, they won't hang around long enough to go into the fridge ! ;)