Banana Pudding Cake
I hope you will enjoy it as much as we do :)
- cake ingredients:
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant banana pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup sour cream or 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup mashed bananas
- 1- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 cups icing sugar (aka confectioners sugar and powdered sugar) **you might need more powdered sugar to get the right consistency :)
CREAM CHEESE ICING
How to Make Banana Pudding Cake
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
In a large bowl, stir together cake mix and pudding mix. Make a well in the center and pour in eggs, water, oil and mashed banana. Beat on low speed until blended. Scrape bowl, and beat 4 minutes on medium speed. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 2Bake in a preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until cake tests done. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- 3Cream Cheese Icing:
In bowl, beat cream cheese with butter until smooth. Beat in vanilla and lemon juice, add in icing sugar, one-third at a time, until smooth (adding more if necessary). Spread over top of cake. (Make-ahead: Cover loosely and refrigerate for up to I day.)
- 4(a couple tips which you may already know :) I brush the cake top to remove any lose crumbs, and freeze the cake for a good hour as this will be easier to frost the cake without getting crumbs mixed in!)
- 5Decorate as you wish :)
I used some Nillas and banana slices :) but you can add whatever topping you would like or leave it as is :)