Almond Coffee Cheesecake for Anna
This cake is being posted in honor of my friend Anna...The Brew Mistress.
I hope you all enjoy this delicious cake.
- cups chocolate wafer cookies, crushed
- tablespoons almonds, chopped, toasted
- tablespoons butter, melted
- teaspoon coffee, instant, strong
- ounces cream cheese, softened
- cup sugar, vanilla
- cup whipping cream
- teaspoons cornstarch
- eggs, large fresh
- egg yolk
- cup amaretto
- teaspoon almond extract, pure
- teaspoon water, hot
- teaspoon instant coffee, strong
- cup coffee liqueur, kahula
- cup whipped cream, garnish
- cup almonds, toasted, sliced, garnish
How to Make Almond Coffee Cheesecake for Anna
- 1Chocolate Wafer Crust - In a small bowl combine crushed wafers, almonds, butter and instant coffee together, until well mixed.
- 2Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of a greased 9" spring form pan and set aside until needed.
- 3Almond Coffee Filling - Combine cream cheese, sugar and cornstarch in a large bowl, and with an electric mixer beat till smooth.
- 4Add the eggs and yolk, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 5Split the batter into two bowls equally.
- 6In one bowl add the amaretto and almond extract, mix well and set aside.
- 7Stir together the instant coffee and hot water, mix with the Kahlua then add to the remaining cheese mixture, blending well.
- 8Pour half of the amaretto mixture over the chocolate wafer crust.
- 9Spoon half of the coffee mixture over the amaretto mixture.
- 10Now pour the remaining amaretto mixture over the coffee mixture.
- 11Top with the remaining coffee mixture.
- 12Without scraping the crust, swirl the blade of a knife thru the cake to create a marbling effect.
- 13Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- 14Lower the temperature to 200 and continue baking for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until the center no longer looks shiny or wet.
- 15Individual ovens vary -- please make sure that the cake center no longer looks wet or shiny, before returning to oven.
- 16Remove the cake from the oven and run a knife around the inside edge of the pan.
- 17Turn the oven off and return the cake to the oven for an additional hour, then chill uncovered overnight.
- 18Serve garnished with whipped cream and sliced almonds.