Almond Coffee Cheesecake for Anna
This cake is being posted in honor of my friend Anna...The Brew Mistress.
I hope you all enjoy this delicious cake.
13/4cups chocolate wafer cookies, crushed
3tablespoons almonds, chopped, toasted
5-6tablespoons butter, melted
1teaspoon coffee, instant, strong
24ounces cream cheese, softened
3/4cup sugar, vanilla
1/4cup whipping cream
4eggs, large fresh
1teaspoon almond extract, pure
1teaspoon water, hot
3/4teaspoon instant coffee, strong
1/4cup coffee liqueur, kahula
1cup whipped cream, garnish
1/4cup almonds, toasted, sliced, garnish
How to Make Almond Coffee Cheesecake for Anna
- Chocolate Wafer Crust - In a small bowl combine crushed wafers, almonds, butter and instant coffee together, until well mixed.
- Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of a greased 9" spring form pan and set aside until needed.
- Almond Coffee Filling - Combine cream cheese, sugar and cornstarch in a large bowl, and with an electric mixer beat till smooth.
- Add the eggs and yolk, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Split the batter into two bowls equally.
- In one bowl add the amaretto and almond extract, mix well and set aside.
- Stir together the instant coffee and hot water, mix with the Kahlua then add to the remaining cheese mixture, blending well.
- Pour half of the amaretto mixture over the chocolate wafer crust.
- Spoon half of the coffee mixture over the amaretto mixture.
- Now pour the remaining amaretto mixture over the coffee mixture.
- Top with the remaining coffee mixture.
- Without scraping the crust, swirl the blade of a knife thru the cake to create a marbling effect.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Lower the temperature to 200 and continue baking for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until the center no longer looks shiny or wet.
- Individual ovens vary -- please make sure that the cake center no longer looks wet or shiny, before returning to oven.
- Remove the cake from the oven and run a knife around the inside edge of the pan.
- Turn the oven off and return the cake to the oven for an additional hour, then chill uncovered overnight.
- Serve garnished with whipped cream and sliced almonds.